Backside Line Up Entrance:
Florida has had a number of COVID-19 confirmed circumstances and exposures associated to ports of entry, together with delivery ports and airports. As a result of present stage of COVID-19 transmission in the US, and Florida’s giant older grownup inhabitants, CDC recommends sure neighborhood mitigation actions to assist sluggish the unfold of COVID-19 into the neighborhood and to guard susceptible members of the neighborhood. CDC recommends the next interventions be applied at the moment (Desk). These suggestions could also be up to date, if obligatory, based mostly on any modifications within the present native scenario.
The objectives for utilizing mitigation methods for Florida are to guard:
- People at elevated danger for extreme sickness, together with older adults and individuals of any age with underlying well being circumstances (See Appendix A).
- The healthcare workforce and demanding infrastructure workforces
These approaches are used to reduce morbidity and mortality brought on by COVID-19 and reduce social and financial impacts of COVID-19. People, communities, companies, and healthcare organizations are all a part of a neighborhood mitigation technique.
- Emphasizing particular person accountability for implementation of really helpful personal-level actions,
- Empowering companies, colleges, and neighborhood organizations to implement really helpful actions, notably in ways in which shield individuals vulnerable to extreme sickness reminiscent of older adults and individuals with severe underlying well being circumstances (e.g., Dialysis sufferers, congestive coronary heart failure, emphysema)
- Specializing in settings that present vital providers to implement really helpful actions to guard vital infrastructure and people vulnerable to extreme illness
- Minimizing disruptions to each day life to the extent potential