Cell app model now out there
The Private Protecting Gear (PPE) Burn Price Calculator is now out there as an app. Amenities can use the NIOSH PPE Tracker app to calculate their common PPE consumption charge or “burn charge.” The app estimates what number of days a PPE provide will final given present stock ranges and PPE burn charge. The app is obtainable for each iOSexterior icon and Androidexterior icon gadgets. Go to the NIOSH PPE Tracker app web page to obtain this free software.
The Private Protecting Gear (PPE) Burn Price Calculator excel icon[3 sheets] is a spreadsheet-based mannequin that can assist healthcare amenities plan and optimize using PPE for response to coronavirus illness 2019 (COVID-19). Non-healthcare amenities similar to correctional amenities may discover this software helpful.
To make use of the calculator, enter the variety of full bins of every kind of PPE in inventory (robes, gloves, surgical masks, respirators, and face shields, for instance) and the full variety of sufferers at your facility. The software will calculate the typical consumption charge, additionally known as a “burn charge,” for every kind of PPE entered within the spreadsheet. This data can then be used to estimate how lengthy the remaining provide of PPE will final, primarily based on the typical consumption charge. Utilizing the calculator can assist amenities make order projections for future wants.
- Home windows* working system (MS Home windows 2000 or newer)
- Microsoft Excel (MS Workplace 2000 or newer)
- 486 Pentium processor and no less than 128MB RAM
- 2 MB of arduous drive space for storing
* MS Home windows and Workplace is a copyrighted product produced by Microsoft Company, primarily based in Redmond, WA. Use of commerce names and business sources is for identification solely and doesn’t indicate endorsement by the U.S. Division of Well being and Human Companies.
Directions for Downloading
Earlier than loading and beginning the PPE Burn Price Calculator, it’s possible you’ll want to alter Excel’s safety stage. To take action:
- Open a clean Excel spreadsheet.
- Click on Instruments after which click on Macro, select Safety.
- Set Safety Degree to Medium.
- Click on OK.
- Double-click and open PPE Burn Price Calculator file.
- When requested to Disable Macros or Allow Macros, click on Allow Macros.
Downloading the Information
We advocate downloading and saving the PPE Burn Price Calculator spreadsheet to your laptop earlier than opening the spreadsheet. Taking this step will open the spreadsheet in Excel slightly than your internet browser.